Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Going for a Motorcycle Ride

The first time I ever got William on a motorcycle he was so scared that he didn't want to go. I had to offer him ice cream to get him to go. We went out for a ride around the block that only took about ten minutes. This was a picture of us returning from that ride. We pulled back into the driveway and he wanted to go again. This time when we went out he was yelling "go faster daddy" and "make it into a race car". He was really loving going for a ride. He never looked back. He has been riding with me for the last three years since that day.

Out for a ride


This was a big moment in his life. He did something that sacred him and learned that he liked it very much. I think that will be the way we live our lives for the next few years. We will have to jump into things that might scare both of us but we will be there holding each others hands until we get to the end of this ride. Life has thrown us some curves but we will get through together and he will know that I love him very much. I look forward to spending many more days riding together. I also look forward to him getting his own bike one day so that we can ride together as adults. Maybe stopping in at our favorite place and grabbing a drink or two and talk about life. Maybe we could find a great place to visit and camp for the night or maybe have his brothers and sisters come along for the ride.

I have always heard that Life is a journey. I hope that we have a great time on that journey together. For now we will have the relationship of father and son and I hope one day that we have the relationship of friends.

Here is to my future riding buddy,

His Loving Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Story by William

William's letter about Lucky     William sat down yesterday an wrote a letter about Lucky our dog. He wanted me to publish it. So ...