Thursday, August 7, 2014

Who will watch over him?

One of my biggest fears for William is when he is old enough to move out on his own. I am not there to back him up everyday. I check him at night and I know what he is doing and eating almost all of the time. As he get older I have to worry about him getting tired of diabetes or celiac and just eating things and not caring about his health. I have to worry about him burning out and not wanting to do anything any more as far as testing and eating correctly. I have to worry about him learning to drive and if he will check his blood sugar before driving every time as well as the normal stuff of drinking and driving too. Adding the drinking with out checking blood sugar and correcting for it all. There is a lot to worry about with him.

I hope that he is a good kid and stays out of trouble but then I have to worry about him at college. Who watch him then? Do you hope that he gets a roommate that understands and looks out for him? Someone that would check to make sure he is alive in the morning, someone that would make sure that he is checking himself and doing all of the right stuff. I know that the trust that he can and will take care of himself will ultimately fall on him. He is already such a strong independent little man that I am sure that he will do what he needs to be healthy and happy. He is my baby though and will always be ans that means that I will always worry and want to be there for him. 

You can worry until you die and you can restrict everything until it is no fun or I can just let him live his life and try to nudge him once in a while to make sure we stay on the right path. I love my little man and I will make sure that he always knows that.

The future is what it is,

His Loving Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Story by William

William's letter about Lucky     William sat down yesterday an wrote a letter about Lucky our dog. He wanted me to publish it. So ...