Tuesday, September 2, 2014

First Day of School

    Today was the first day of school. I got up and got a shower and got dressed then I went and got William up. He was a little tired but not bad. I reminded him of his new shoes waiting down stairs and then he got right out of bed. His new shoes blink when you walk. He was very adamant that he had to have shoes that blink. He also had his new backpack and lunch box waiting too. He ate breakfast and them ran over to put on his new shoes. He was ready to go 10 minutes before we needed to head to school. That was a great way to start the new school year. We got in the car and he was delivered on time.

    I am now the full time parent for William. She visits him on Tuesdays and Thursdays and every other weekend.  I still cannot believe that all of this happened. I still feel sad for William and the other children. His care will be on my shoulders once again. So I guess we are back to where we were before she left.  I had to go to the court house today to file all of the paperwork so that we can have a hearing to have everything moved for custody and child support. Life has changed for both of us. We begin the new year of homework and learning. I am worried that she will not make him get his homework done on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I am worried about her getting him back on time. I am worried about what all of this means for him and how he is going to take it. There really isn't much I can do about most of that. I will address that when we get there. One day at a time is all I can do for him right now. Hope things get better for all of us.

A good and sad first day of school,

His Loving Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Story by William

William's letter about Lucky     William sat down yesterday an wrote a letter about Lucky our dog. He wanted me to publish it. So ...