Thursday, January 15, 2015

When I get to be a fat old grandpa

    William and I were watching TV the other night when a commercial came on about and elliptical trainer. It was a flashy commercial with lots of sound and skinny people working out on this trainer. Out of no where William looks at me and says "I am going to buy one of those". I was a little puzzled by this comment. If you know William you know the he has to be one of the most skinny, energetic kids on the planet. He is always doing something and he is usually running to get there. So I asked him why he wanted to get one of these machines. His answer was very funny, so I thought I would share it today. He told me that he would need it when he gets older and becomes a fat old grandpa. If he got one of these he could lose weight. I guess that children want to believe what ever they hear all of the time. If it is on TV then it must be true.

    In all fairness William's grandfather was not a skinny man. He would always tell the kids that he was eating "health food" while he was eating cake, doughnuts, pie etc... I guess that William just sees this as the natural progression when you get older. William's grandfather was always doing something around the house. He was a good man and seemed happy with the friends and family that surrounded him. I was still laughing at the idea of him being a fat grandpa. I will probably not get to live to see that day but I sure hope he is happy when he gets there. There is something that is very warming in my heart to think of him as a grandpa. If he turns out like his grandpa that would be a great thing for his grand kids.

We miss you grandpa,

His Loving Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Story by William

William's letter about Lucky     William sat down yesterday an wrote a letter about Lucky our dog. He wanted me to publish it. So ...