Monday, March 9, 2015

Things that have happened this week.

    A few things that have happened this week. William was diagnosed with ADHD. He has been having problems listening in school so they asked him to be evaluated by a doctor. Now it is time to deal with another chapter in his life. I guess diabetes, celiac and mom leaving was not enough. Now we throw another chapter into his life. I feel sorry for this little man that he has had to deal with so much so early in his life. I really hope that he grows stronger because of it. I sure hope that we are getting to the end of the surprises with William from a medical standpoint. I sure hope that he has many more surprises in his life but I want them to be ones that he can enjoy.

    William had another good week at school. It is good to see him having success at school. He has really started to change his attitude since we implemented the XBOX for good behavior policy. William gets evaluated every 30 minutes at school and when he get a smile face he gets one minutes of XBOX time. He has been getting more time the last few weeks. He can earn up to 26 minutes per day. I am glad to see that we have found something that motivates him to listen and do well in school. 

    We had fun this weekend. We went to local hangout this weekend. We played laser tag and rode on the go carts. We played the video games and just had fun. I try to make sure that I reward him after a good week at school. We spent a lot of time snuggling on the couch and just hanging out together. Snuggling on the couch is still one of my favorite things to do. William was a little sick this last week so his numbers were a little off. You can always tell when he is getting sick because his numbers go higher for a few days to a week before he actually gets sick. Then when it is all over he is usually low for a week after. Diabetes is so much fun to deal with. We just try not to over react. Things seem to come back to normal if you just give it a little time.

Keep your head up and know that I am always by your side.

Your Loving Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Story by William

William's letter about Lucky     William sat down yesterday an wrote a letter about Lucky our dog. He wanted me to publish it. So ...