Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Christmas

Making Christmas Cookies
The Cookies Cooling
    I have been trying to catch up with the blog after the holidays. I had almost the whole month of December off and I tried to enjoy it with my family. We had a great Christmas this year. We started off with making Christmas cookies with Jen. We used gluten free cookie dough which made things tough. The cookies where fragile but they where good. We used many different colors on our cookies. I do not have pictures of the finished products but they were delicious.  We sat and decorated all of the cookies and got to sit and talk. We had a lot of smiles and really enjoyed the time together. I appreciated Jen making all of the dough before heading over to our house. I can see this becoming a Christmas tradition.

Putting on the Icing
The Finished House
     I got to go to William's school to help the class build ginger bread houses. Many parents donated candy and other items so the kids could have a good time using their imaginations. William had a great time and built a beautiful house. He got to fill it with all of the wonderful candy that was at the table. That is exactly what a type 1 diabetic needs. A house full of candy to eat. I helped a few of the other kids get their house done and got to talk to some of William's friends. I think everyone had a lot of fun before things where done.

A New Movie
What did We Get Here?
     We had Christmas on Christmas eve this year. William was at his mothers house for Christmas. We still had a lot of fun and William really made out. My oldest son was home from the Navy. It was very good to see him. He and William played a lot of Xbox and I think they both had fun. It was good for them to get to spend time together. William really loves his big brother. I think he especially liked playing the electric guitar. His smile was huge when he was sitting on the amp and strumming the cords. I was glad to see his big brother treat him with respect and care. It really means a lot for him to be able to look up to his brother. One of William's toys was a real RC car from the hobby store. I figured it was cheaper this way. If he breaks something we can go and get a new part and fix it rather than throw the car away every year. It will also teach him to start taking better care of his things. I think that is going to be a long lesson to learn. 

My New RC Car
Me and My Big Brother
    William has been having fun with his new car. When it got cold and snowy outside he came up with a creative idea where he could still play with this car and stay warm at the same time. He would put the care on the back deck and sit by the sliding glass doors inside. He would run the car around until the battery died and then put on his shoes and go out to get it. He would bring it in and change the battery and right back out again. I think he liked being able to do burnouts and throw the snow all over the place. I was nice that there was no snow left on the deck when he was done. Lucky did not like it so much. He wanted to go out so he could stand there and bark at it the whole time. Life gives us these simple moments in life to just remind us that this is what it is all about. I am glad that I was surrounded by the people that I love this year. It was one of the best Christmas holidays I think I can remember. 

Happy new year my son,

Your Loving Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Story by William

William's letter about Lucky     William sat down yesterday an wrote a letter about Lucky our dog. He wanted me to publish it. So ...