Tuesday, January 5, 2016

William's Birthday

Your Cake
Eight Years Old
    Well buddy you are now 8 years old. Still hard to believe that you are growing so fast. We had a great birthday so I thought I would put a little of it here. This year I got you a cake from a bakery. It was gluten free and was really fancy and fun. I picked the celebration cake with all of the fun colors and exciting fondant ribbons that you could eat. It was chocolate with strawberry jelly and white buttercream icing. There was so much going on the we didn't have room on the cake for the happy birthday wish. 

What a Haul
    We had lots of great presents for your birthday. I know that you hate having your birthday so close to Christmas but I still tried to make it fun for you. Jen came over and we opened all of the presents and did the normal stuff like singing happy birthday and blowing out the candle. You wanted the number eight candle so we found a way to stuff it into all of the fondant. We also got you the Lego candles that you wanted but there was no room for them on the cake. I tried to get you some presents that I thought you would like. and I think that you really enjoyed the choices that I made. Jen brought over a few more things that I think you liked also. You got a floor puzzle of a hockey team. She got you a new game that was fun to play. It was a very good time had by all.



Marble Maze
Lego Iron Man
    We had fun putting the marble maze together and seeing how long it would take to make all of the marbles get to the bottom and then we would tear it apart again and try something new.  Lego Iron Man was cool and you put him together all by yourself. It is fun to see you learning and trying to do things on your own. Jen's mom got you the magnet game that is so much fun. You put the magnets on the table and play the game just like shooting marbles back int the day. It is funny to watch the magnets turn as the shooter moves through the field. It was fun laughing and trying to catch the magnets before they fell on the floor.
 
Happy number eight buddy. I really love you and hope you had a great day with us.

Your Loving Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Story by William

William's letter about Lucky     William sat down yesterday an wrote a letter about Lucky our dog. He wanted me to publish it. So ...