Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter

Looking Through the Easter Basket
    I had William this year for Easter. I wanted him to have fun with Easter this year and with the help of my wonderful fiancee, it was a lot of fun. She had the idea to have William follow clues to find his Easter basket. The night before we hid the eggs where they were supposed to be and waited for the morning. Each egg had a clue to find the next one. The last egg gave the location for the basket. Jen got to my house early. We were going to have breakfast and then have the Easter egg hunt. I was going to trigger the hunt by telling William to feed Lucky our dog. This would have started the chain to find the basket. William found the first egg early. I am not sure what prompted him to look in the dog food container but he found the first egg right before breakfast. We made him wait until after breakfast. He was so excited he couldn't wait. Needless to say I didn't have to tell him where the first egg was at. I am glad that he found that one first.

William with one of the toys
    The first egg clue came out and William read the clue. He didn't have to be told what to do he immediately thought about it and went to where the next egg was hidden. We had nine eggs hidden all over the house. He found every egg and was able to find them without help. I guess next time we will have to make them a little more challenging. William blazed through the clues and when he got to the last one that told him where the Easter basket was, he got stumped. I was a little surprised by this. He went to the correct room and looked around. He never got the idea to look inside the closet in his play room. He looked in toy boxes and under bags but never thought to look inside the closet. We finally had to give him some hits to get him to look inside the closet. He was very excited to see his basket and all of the toys and candy inside. It was exciting and fun for all of us. I spent some time with William making a small little Lego "X" wing fighter from Star Wars collection before helping with making dinner for Easter and Jen's mothers house. Dinner was great and William had two helpings of Jello with whipped cream on top. Jen's mom is great about buying gluten free food for William so he is not left out. For Desert she even bought him cupcakes from a local bakery. I am lucky to be part of such a thoughtful and loving family.

Happy Easter my son, I hope you had a great time,

Your Loving Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Story by William

William's letter about Lucky     William sat down yesterday an wrote a letter about Lucky our dog. He wanted me to publish it. So ...