Friday, March 11, 2016

Life This Week

    Here are some things that have happened the last few weeks. William made it to 100 days in school this year without getting kicked out of school once. We had to buy new pants for my ever growing boy. We had parent teacher conferences. We had a visit to Craig's Cruisers in Grand Rapids and we saw Zootopia yesterday. 

    100 days in school  for second grade. I was really hoping that we would make it to this point without William getting kicked out of school. He was very successful for two big reasons. The last time that he got in trouble for hitting someone I made him sit at home and write the sentence "I will not hit my friends" for the whole night. I think he wrote for about four hours and filled up every line on six pages of paper front and back. It must have gotten his attention because he did not hit anyone again. William has also started taking ADHD medication. I am not sure if this is helping but it surly isn't hurting anything at this point. He was very close to being kicked out of this school permanently.

    William is growing so fast right now. We had to go and buy him new pants last week because the pants that I got him for school this year are already too small to fit him. I had him try on different pants until we found pants that fit and pants that he also liked to wear. The new pants do not have the elastic band on the inside to make the waist tighter. They are actual big boy pants. He now has to wear a belt to keep his pants up. I could see when I told him that he got a great scene of pride from that knowledge. 

    I had my parent teacher conference on Wednesday with Williams teacher. She had nothing but good things to say about the progress William has made since Christmas. He sits still longer and seems to concentrate better. His test scores are better and he is making better friendships. I am glad to see him being successful with the things that he tries. 

    We have also finished a few more chapter books lately. William is starting to not like the time investment that it takes to read a book. We finished "The Good Dinosaur",   "The Bug Battle Book: The Lizard War", "Rick Brick and the Quest to Save Brickport", and "Night of the Living Worms". This week we moved on to "My Big Fat Zombie Goldfish: The SeaQuel". The books are fun but William really liked the book "Night of the Living Worms" he didn't wait for me to finish it.

    Life keeps ticking on. We are doing our best to have fun and be happy. William is a great son and I am glad that I am his father. 

I love you buddy,

Your Loving Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Story by William

William's letter about Lucky     William sat down yesterday an wrote a letter about Lucky our dog. He wanted me to publish it. So ...