Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Last day of Second Grade

    We woke up this morning the same way that we usually do. I got a shower and went to wake up William. He was already down stairs this morning. He has been doing that a lot lately. I think he likes to beat me down stairs in the morning so that he gets time to watch some cartoons before I get downstairs. He knows when I get down stairs I am going to change the channel because he get so into the TV that he doesn't east breakfast. This morning was a little different though. William was up and he was down stairs watching cartoons but as soon as I got down stairs he asked if we could got to school as soon as he got done eating this morning. He never asked to leave early but today is special. Today is 2nd grad graduation. They have a half day and then he is done with 2nd grade. I could tell that he was really excited about the last day of school. He was kinda bouncing off of the walls this morning. I suspect that the teachers are expecting that today. I am sure they are feeling the same way themselves.

    This year started off a little rough. We had a few run-ins with the school. William was really pushing to get kicked out again this year. Around Christmas things started to get better. There where a few things that drove this better behavior. The second half of the year went much better and we only had one minor incident with William for the rest of the year. He managed not to get kicked out of school and made friends. So now we move on to third grade. I hope that we can keep up the momentum. I like seeing William being successful. This year was a really good move in that direction. 

Congratulations my third grader,

Your Loving Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Story by William

William's letter about Lucky     William sat down yesterday an wrote a letter about Lucky our dog. He wanted me to publish it. So ...