Thursday, June 30, 2016

Our Government at it's Worst

    Today I was horrified when I saw a news report of a mother of a type 1 diabetic asking for help from her state government when the systems that they put in place where not working properly. The response that she got from here state representative was beyond rude and demeaning.  Here is the link to the article. 

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/06/30/state-lawmaker-tells-mississippi-mom-to-buy-her-own-diabetic-supplies-for-daughter.html?intcmp=hpbt4

I wrote an email to this horribly rude person and I would hope that you would too. It is his job to be our representative and fix things when they are broken. It is not his job to collect a paycheck and be an asshole to the people that elected him. If you would like to let him know what you think here is his email address:

Jguice@house.ms.gov

Here was my email to this jerk. I can only hope that he gets recalled before he can spread more ignorance to others.

Dear Mr Guice,

The sad and dismissive response that you gave this mother that was just trying to take care of her daughter with a chronic disease was horrifying. I am a single parent of a child with type 1 diabetes as well. Let me tell you without insurance to help cover the cost for these supplies I would be broke or my son would be dead because I couldn't afford them. I make good money and have worked as an engineer for over 20 years. I still spend a lot of money every month to keep my child healthy and alive.

It is sad that you spoke with such ignorance and with horrible rudeness. This lady was asking you to do your job and figure out why the system that the government made her use was not working properly.  She was not asking for a hand out. I re posted this on Facebook and I will be adding it to my blog. All I can hope is that you are recalled from office for your lack of concern for the people that you were elected to care for. It must be nice to have all of the tax payers money to pay for what you need without the need to actually work for that money.

Tim Easterling
Concerned Parent of a Type 1 Diabetic Child

I hope that you never have to deal with something like this buddy but if you do I will be right there making sure that you don't deal with this alone.

Your Loving Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Story by William

William's letter about Lucky     William sat down yesterday an wrote a letter about Lucky our dog. He wanted me to publish it. So ...