Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Pictures on the Wall

When you left I thought my life would be so small,
I would be only the pictures on the wall.

I thought I would come home and see the kids play,
I would remember and not miss them so much each day.

I thought I would see the family that used to be,
I would remember the good times together for you and me.

I thought I would remember days on the lake,
I would remember the kids, grandpa and the fun he would make.

I thought I would remember a first birthday with cake, 
I would remember how much time he would take.

I thought I would remember a trip to the hospital to see,
I would remember how different his life would be.

I thought I would remember trips to the park,
I would remember as the kids made their mark.

I thought I would feel my life in 2D,
I would remember and feel sad for me.

Time has gone by and I have learned,
that life isn't so small even after being spurned.

There are new pictures to add to that moment in life,
new pictures that have come after the strife.

A new love that warms my heart,
and a new life that is just waiting to start.

I am smarter this day as I realize that even in strife,
my pictures will keep going for the rest of my life.

The pictures are just a moment in time,
and these are the memories that are all mine.

So I guess as I look up and feel small,
I am a result of the pictures on the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Story by William

William's letter about Lucky     William sat down yesterday an wrote a letter about Lucky our dog. He wanted me to publish it. So ...