Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Learning to tie my shoes

    Life has been tough for you lately. You are struggling to show your feelings when you get angry about things. You really like school and you are one of the sweetest boys. You love to help and you love to care for others but when you get mad you do not handle it very well. I wish I could be there at school and hold your hand. I wish I could be there to tell you that we can still be happy. I wish I could take all of the pain away that you are feeling right now. I feel so helpless in trying to help you understand what happened. I'm not sure that I understand everything that happened myself. There will be pain for a while. I hope it fads for both of us and we grow past the hurt.

    You are my little man and I see big things in you. When we took Lucky to the vet on Monday and you told me that you wanted to be a vet and help all of the people's animals and the wild animals too. You have told me that you want to be a cop so that you can help people. You also told me that you want to build things just like me. All of these are great things.

    I bought you a new pair of shoes yesterday. They had shoe strings because the last pair of shoes that you had fell apart after a couple of months. I figured it was hard to mess with the old standard. We sat in the kitchen for a couple of hours and tied shoes over and over again until you got it. The smile on your face was electric. I made you tie your shoes until you just couldn't do it again. When Jen came over you were so excited to show her that you could tie your shoes. You were so proud when we went back to school for parent teacher conferences that you were telling all of the teachers and the principal. I am glad that out of a bad thing came a new good feeling for you. I want you to grow up and not be afraid of trying new things even if you might get hurt. I want you to be able to jump in with both feet knowing that I will be there to catch you when I can.

Don't be afraid of saying yes to the things that scare or intimidate you,

Your Loving Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Story by William

William's letter about Lucky     William sat down yesterday an wrote a letter about Lucky our dog. He wanted me to publish it. So ...