Monday, March 23, 2015

Robotics Second Round

    William got to go with me to see this competition. He wasn't feeling so good on Friday night when I picked him up from daycare. He told me that he still wanted to go. We made it back to the competition for the last three matches of the day. William was laying on me most of the time. He told me that he was glad he got to go.

2015 West Michigan District Finalists
    On Saturday we went back for the completion of the qualifying matches and the playoffs. William was feeling much better. Our last three matches were great and we moved back up to fifth place. Our robot was working well and our autonomous mode was 100%. In the alliance selections we were picked by the #2 alliance captain. We did OK in the first rounds of qualifying and made it to the semi-finals. This was the best two teams with the average of the three matches that we played. The first match was OK but the next to were great.  This catapulted us into first place and then the last match happened and the #1 alliance moved past us by one point to take over first place. We made it to the finals. We ended up loosing to the first place team but what a great time we had. William was very excited and was cheering as loud as he could. When the last match was over William told me that "we need to score more points". He was very disappointed that we didn't win.

    We got our letter in the mail today. We have done well enough to qualify for the state championships. We are planing and working out what we need to do to improve more for the state championships in just three short weeks. We have a lot to do but I am looking forward to it.

    I love being involved with the kids and seeing them learn and get excited about engineering. I especially love seeing William get excited. He tells me that he wants to be able to help more with building the robot. He will get his chance to help. I have no doubt of that.

I am glad you were with me,

Your Loving Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Story by William

William's letter about Lucky     William sat down yesterday an wrote a letter about Lucky our dog. He wanted me to publish it. So ...