Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A Few of my Favorite Bloggers

    There are a few other bloggers that I follow. They bring up great topics that really make you think. They have had tough lives. Mari is an example of how strong you can be when someone close has died and she is left to care for three boys with type 1 diabetes and one without. Using magic to calculate her boys doses. She also tells about handing over the controls to her now older boys. This is something that I see coming and I am not sure I am looking forward to. She battles the loss of her great friend and partner and fights through and is strong for her boys. This is a commitment that I hope to have in my life someday but one I have for my son regardless. I know how hard it is to take care of one boy with diabetes and celiac. I could not imagine all of the lost sleep for three or two in some of the other cases. 

    Then there are the bloggers that have been diabetic for a long time. Kerrie is one of my favorites. She is very frank about how she feels about what happens to her when she feels high or low. The things that she has to do to keep up with life and what happens when she can't. She does all of this while taking care of her daughter and traveling a lot. I enjoy reading her blog and miss it when she takes time off or gets busy. There are so many entries that make me smile. She has a real way of making you laugh about some of the worst things diabetes has to offer. Then there are the stories of her daughter and batman princess. You can not help but smile.

    Then there is the Tom the Diabetes Dad that is a great advocate for his daughters and for the rest of us in this grueling fight. I have seen new gadgets and have heard about new research and new devices from them. They meet interesting people and go to conferences that allow them to connect more readily to OUR community. That is the community of diabetes. I am glad to have him on my team. He talks about things that we might not talk about. He puts people in front of us that we may not know. These people are not afraid to show the world that they are diabetic. Inspiring stories of success in spite of diabetes.

    I also enjoy meeting some of the more local people that are in the same place. Tim is a local dad with two daughters that have type 1, one that does not and a new baby. The epic journey and the feeling of helplessness that we all have at times. It is great to see how we deal with this journey and to know we are not alone.

    I was recently asked who reads my blog. My answer was I do not know. I see where a person is reading in the world on a very macro scale. The areas I have had people visit from are kind of cool: United States, Canada, Poland, Australia, Germany, Austria, United Kingdom, France, Belgium, Slovakia, Taiwan and Norway. I started this as a way to let William know about his childhood. I want to remind him of a time when he had diabetes (this assumes a cure). I want to let him see his life through my eyes. I think it would have been cool to go back and to see what my father thought about my childhood. To be able to see his feelings on things and to understand why we did things the way we did. I hope that I can be a good example for my son and that he grows up proud of who we both became along the journey.

Thank you for reading about us,

Your Loving Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Story by William

William's letter about Lucky     William sat down yesterday an wrote a letter about Lucky our dog. He wanted me to publish it. So ...