Thursday, January 14, 2016

Red Wings Game

My Boys Together
    Part of our Christmas break was a trip to see the Red Wings play hockey in the Joe Louis arena. They will be moving to their new rink soon. My boys and I had never seen the Red Wings play so it was really exciting for all of us. Jen had been to many games but this was the first one in a long time. My oldest son came up for Christmas. He is in the Navy and was on break. William was really glad to see him. They get along great together and spent a lot of time playing the Xbox in the basement. In the picture William is giving my oldest son bunny ears. That is a really cute picture.

Henrik Zetterberg
Pavel Datsyuk
     We are very lucky in Michigan to have such great athletes on our hockey team. We got to see these guys up close. We were in the fifth row on the blue line. These were amazing seats and we did not miss much of the action. We have a young rookie on the team this year Dylan Larkin. He is the top scoring rookie this year. He is fun to watch and he added a goal and assist to his record the night we were there. The Red Wings scored three time on the second period to take the lead for good.

William in his new hat.
Me and My Beautiful Lady
     We had the only Calgary Flames fans sitting behind us. William took it upon himself to yell louder than them. I guess he was defending his Red Wings. When the Red Wings scored the second goal to move ahead of the Flames one of the Flames fans gave William a fist bump. That was really cool of her to do that. I can't wait to get to go again. William got a new Red Wings hat and my oldest got a new Red Wings jersey. I was glad to have all of us together for the holidays. It was one of the most wonderful holidays I have ever had. 

I hope this is a memory that you will keep for the rest of your life. I am glad that I got to make this memory with you, your brother and Jen. 

Your Loving Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Story by William

William's letter about Lucky     William sat down yesterday an wrote a letter about Lucky our dog. He wanted me to publish it. So ...