Monday, May 4, 2015

Another Tough Week

My Little Dutch Boy
    Well it was another tough week for us this week. You were at your mothers house this week but I was watching. It started on Friday when you got to go on a field trip with your school. You carpooled to the museum and met grandma there. On the way home you decided to hit someone in the head. Now you get to miss marching in the tulip time parade. I had just bought you your costume the day before.  Maybe next year. Then on Friday before you came home you were playing on the playground. One of the other children was not playing nice but instead of walking away you punched him in the eye. I am sorry that you have this much pain in your life. I wish I knew how to make it better for you. I will have to just keep telling you just how much I love you, and let you know that hitting is not an acceptable choice.

    We started seeing a therapist last week. You told me that you really like her and that you want to go back really soon. We are waiting to get your mother on board and then hopefully we can start making progress with your hurt feelings inside. I know when you are not feeling Okay because you tell me that you miss grandpa. I just want to wrap my arms around you and tell you that everything is going to be well in your life. I want to tell you that your life is going to be good. Right now I am very concerned that you are making bad choices and you will start letting those choices run your life. I don't want to see you blaming others because of your bad choices. You are loved and I love to see that boy who wants to have me be proud of him.

    This weekend while you where spending the weekend in your room because of hitting, you took time out to show me that you want me to be proud of you. Saturday morning you got up and made me breakfast. I love that you did that for me. That is the boy that I want to see make it through all of this. Then this morning you got up again and went down and made breakfast again. I love you so much for trying to say you are sorry this way. When I asked you if you thought that I would rather have you make me breakfast or do the right things in school, you knew the right answer. You told me that starting this week you were going to start using the right side of your brain to make good choices. I am not sure where you got the idea for the good side and bad side of your brain but it made me smile. I do hope that you start using the good side of your brain to make choices. We could have so much fun together when you make the right choices in your life. I want to be able to go and have fun without trying to decide if you deserve it.

We will trudge through with me standing next to you all of the way,

Your Loving Dad


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Story by William

William's letter about Lucky     William sat down yesterday an wrote a letter about Lucky our dog. He wanted me to publish it. So ...