Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Letters from Dad

    Hello my son. You had your first day of first grade yesterday and your first day of me being your full time parent. Life has changed so much for us in the last few months and I am trying to do the best I can. I am sorry for the pain that all of this has caused you. I hope that I live up to your needs of being a good father. I hope that when we get you to an adult that you still want to hug me. I just want you to get there healthy both mentally and physically. You had a great day for the first day of school and the hand off with your mom was not too bad.

    When I was taking care of your big brother, I always told him that you could get paid for what you know or you could get paid for what you do. It is a lot more fun to get paid for what you know so I hope that you make school a priority in your life. I'm not saying that working for a living is not worth while, but from my experience having a job where I get to solve problems and create things is so much fun. I can not imagine having to work on a production line or do something where I'm not challenged everyday for the rest of my life. I am going to work with you and help you as much as I can what ever path you take. I am going to work through the frustrating times with homework and be there for the celebrations as you move through school. I just want to be there next to you when you graduate from college. So I will tell you now congratulations for making it to college and for making it through. I am proud of you even if you chose another path in your life. Never forget that. I will always be proud of you.

   Always keep learning, it will keep things interesting. Learn at home, at work and school. One thing that I have learned over the years is that you do not need to be the smartest person in the room you just need to know who those people are and make sure you are willing to ask when you need help. It is nice to be one of the people that people come to but there is no way for you to know it all.

Here is to you learning for the rest of your life,

His Loving Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Story by William

William's letter about Lucky     William sat down yesterday an wrote a letter about Lucky our dog. He wanted me to publish it. So ...