Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Letters from Dad

    I want to keep this as an ongoing section for you my son. I want to tell you the things that I can share just in case anything ever happens to me along the way. The first thing I want you to know is that I loved you with all my heart. You and your brother were the best things that ever happened to me and I thank you and him both for all of the smiles along the way. I am proud of you both.

    You are six now and you know how to do everything. You know how to drive a car, play a guitar, find a job, have a house and many other things that are going to come in your life. I can't wait to be a part of that. I want to be there to show you how to drive. I would love to hear beautiful music from your guitar. I know you will work hard at your job and be happy and I will be there to help you move into your first house. I can't wait to see you grow up to be a man but I hope you don't mind that I want to have you as my little boy for a while. The selfish part of me that wants you to hold my hand, have you sleep with me at night when you are afraid, teaching you to read, seeing you play video games, going to school, playing sports, helping out at robotics and just being a kid. I hope that we can take trips and have many adventures together. I want to see you go to Disney before you are too old to appreciate it. I want to have camping weekends together. I want to explore and become friends over our lifetime. I know that you have many struggles that most people don't. You need to be healthy and take care of yourself and don't let diabetes win the fight. You will need to be there for your kids someday and I hope that you are a better father than me. I just hope that I gave you enough of an example to have a good start.

    School is getting ready to start. You are excited today. I know when the school year starts and homework is plenty that you will not like school so much. I love seeing you learn and become a young man. You are smart and I hope that you understand when you get older that I pushed you out of love to be the best person that you can be. We will take one day at a time and we will make it to the end together. I will always be proud of you and you will always be in my heart.

Six years old and a man already,

His Loving Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Story by William

William's letter about Lucky     William sat down yesterday an wrote a letter about Lucky our dog. He wanted me to publish it. So ...