Friday, August 1, 2014

Meeting my new friend

Williams mom walked out on us a while back so it is time to get back into the dating game. I have had a few dates over the last few months and they have gone well. It seems like a lot of the time when the ladies find out I have a son with Type 1 diabetes they run. I am not sure if they think I am looking for someone to take care of him or what the thoughts behind that would be. It is sad to see that but I am glad I am seeing that quickly so that it is not an issue after everyone gets to know each other.

I have recently met someone that really seems to get me more than anyone I have ever met. We have talked about all of the big stuff... money, family, finance combining assets, prenuptial agreements and everything like that. We have even talked about William and his care. That did not scare her off. We have talked about all of the baggage that we have amassed over the years. Some of the things are massive on both sides and some not so much. Our average time to talk is about two hours a day. I don't think I have ever met someone that I enjoy talking to so much. We have been seeing each other for a while. So it is time to start thinking about letting her meet William. I have had to worry about this once before in my life. I have an older son whose mom walked out on us too. I even quit dating for seven years because of it. I will not do that again. We both need to be happy and having someone in my life that cares about me is important too. So I start the delicate balancing act. Letting William meet her and still getting to see her enough to have a great relationship.

Last Saturday I let my new friend meet William for the first time. I took them out to dinner. It went great. William wanted to sit by her right away at the restaurant.He sat and talked with her the whole time, played tic tac toe and ate dinner and we all had a great time. We went back home and William wanted to show her room and then downstairs to show her the XBOX. She sat and played Skylanders for 2 hours and half way through he sat in her lap. I think him meeting her went well. We will take it slow from here. When she comes over and William is around we will be friends and that is what he will see. Slow..... Slow.... Slow.... That is what everyone is telling me and I am trying to keeps my hands on the reigns. 

My little guy deserves to have someone in his life that will care for him too. She needs to care for him as much as she cares for me and I think I have found that lady. Time will tell and I am very hopeful for all of us.

Excited about life again,

His Loving Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Story by William

William's letter about Lucky     William sat down yesterday an wrote a letter about Lucky our dog. He wanted me to publish it. So ...